Sunday, January 9, 2011

the process.

This was the head I created for my model. I used a simble box, then used the edit poly tool under the modify tab to select certain points on the box to push and pull and scale to create the shape of this head. I then extruded the eyes in and pulled out a point in between for the nose.


I used a plane to remove the mesh of the wings. If i were to use wings for my model, I would make my own as these wings are now hard to deal with, with part of the middle of it missing.



This is just an outline of the wings I would make if I were to incorporate wings on my model. Now, Im not too sure if I want wings...It may seem too far fetched for the next step for evolution for mankind.
This is where I learnt to use the spline tool in 3ds Max.

I extruded the same wing as this would be required if I were to have a wing which could expand and contract, with extensions of the wing tucked within the first wing, as shown in one of my sketches.
One of the problems I had with this process was that when my spline was extruded, the object was not closed, with one face missing. I am still unsure how to make this a watertight object.
This image shows the separation of the top and bottom half of my model. I separated these two halves using a plane and the procutter tool.
This is the ball joint for the rotation at the torse.

This is a picture of my model with a hopefully successful 360 degree rotating torso.

No comments:

Post a Comment